Beavertail Grip Safety, High Ride
The High Ride Beavertail Grip Safety will improve the comfort and controllability of your 1911 Auto. This is accomplished by allowing the shooting hand to be positioned closer to the plane of the bore while spreading the recoil over a broad rounded surface.
- The bottom of the High Ride Safety features our raised Posi-Release tab which assures positive grip safety disengagement while serving as a grip memory point each time you draw your pistol
- The top of the High Ride Safety has a hammer pocket which makes the pistol more snag-free by allowing a commander or bobbed spur hammer to sit down in the beavertail when cocked
- Frame modification required
- Installation of a Wilson High Ride (#298) beavertail requires cutting the frame to fit the beavertail
- Our beavertail fitting jig mounts to the hammer and thumb safety pin holes to serve as a filing guide to help prevent over cutting of the frame