PIN PAL .308/AR-10
The Cross Armory PIN PAL .308/AR-10 is designed to reduce or eliminate that wear that will be caused by the repeated opening and closing of the upper and lower receivers, as now required by so-called assault weapon laws in states like California, New York, New Jersey and other states. The gun manufacturer never intended for the aluminum receivers to be frequently pivoted on a steel front takedown pin. This action will cause accelerated wear on the through-hole in the receiver causing the hole to expand and elongate. Fitment of the upper and lower receivers will become sloppy, making your weapon less dependable. Replacement of an upper receiver is an expensive proposition.
- Front takedown pin replacement – in heavily regulated states AR-10 owners are now opening their receivers with great frequency. A more durable pin system is needed to prevent undue wear on the forward pivot point – the upper receiver’s take down pin hole
- Lubricated captive bearing reduces wear – standard steel front takedown pins bear directly on the holes in the aluminum receivers. PIN PAL bears on a brass alloy bearing
- Fits any standard AR-10 configuration – easily installs on virtually all AR-10 weapons. The bearing will fit into any upper receiver without special tools
- Won’t permanently alter your weapon – If you decide to go with a different setup on your weapon, PIN PAL is easily removed and returned to the manufacturer’s factory set-up
- 4140 ordnance steel – our front takedown pin is machined from 4140 steel with a melonite hard-coating for durability